FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What areas do you service?
- We cover all areas in California (including Northern California, SF Bay area, and Southern California- Los Angeles area). We also service weddings in Portland, Oregon and surrounding areas as well as Southwest Washington.
Do you travel for destination weddings?
- Yes, we travel anywhere in the United States, and can travel internationally if requested. Travel fees such as airfare, hotel accommodations, and transportation will apply.
Should I ask a friend to do my hair and makeup or should I hire a professional?
- Bridal hairstyles need to be touchable and not stiff yet still hold up throughout the day and evening. Same goes for makeup. Achieving this can be tricky, which is why many brides choose to have a professional artist(s) style their hair and makeup for the wedding. Getting curls that last all day and updos that stay secure takes special products and techniques. A professional can help you design and create a style that excites you and ties it all together.
What kind of hairstyle should I choose?
- If you have frizz-prone hair and an outdoor summer wedding, you may want to choose a style that keeps it "contained" such as a braid or textured updo. Loose curls/waves, half up half down hairstyles, or a little bit messy-on purpose updos with texture and movement are all great options for outdoor. Other factors (besides weather) to consider when looking for the hairstyle(s) you want for your big day are: wedding dress style, wedding theme (e.g. vintage, rustic, beach, etc.), and face structure.
Designing your makeup look
- The most important factor that goes into choosing a makeup look for your wedding day is making sure the makeup suits your style and comfort level. You should feel excited about the way you look. It should feel special and have a little "wow!" factor but not feel like you traveled too far away from your normal self.
Is a trial/preview necessary?
- For best results, a preview of what your wedding makeup and hairstyle will look like is always recommended. This is your chance to get expert advice on the hairstyle(s) and makeup look(s) you like and the possibilities considering your skin tone/type and hair length, type, and texture. This is also your chance to "try it on" and see if it suits you. Please bring inspiration pictures of both hair and makeup to your trial.
What happens at a bridal trial?
- Most brides opt for a preview of what their wedding day look will be. These take place at our studio where we'll begin by looking at inspirational pictures and discussing your wedding details and personal style. We will try out the makeup look and up to two hair styles during this preview, as well as discuss your wedding theme, gown, and any hair accessories. A bridal makeup and hair trial usually takes 2 hours. Please have clean, dry hair, and a moisturized face when you arrive. Before and after photos will be taken. We'll use our expertise to help guide you through the process. We'll also have a lot of fun along the way!
When should I schedule a trial?
- We suggest scheduling the trial 2-3 months before your wedding day. However, if you want to do a trial before booking an entire package, we suggest coming in as soon as possible before your date gets booked up.
We have a large group. Can additional artists be booked?
- Yes. We have 15 team members total and we often service large bridal parties. We can help any size bridal & wedding parties or groups.
Which makeup brands do you use?
- We use high end makeup products from Anastasia Beverly Hills, Urban Decay, Makeup Forever, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, MAC, Dior, Kat Von D, NARS, Temptu, Colour Pop, Too Faced, Tarte, Smashbox, Bare Minerals, Stila, Dose of Colors, Morphe Brushes, Sigma, Ardell, House of Lashes, to name a few...
Do you clean your brushes and hair tools?
- Yes! Hygiene is very important to us. Brushes are always cleaned between client appointments and go through deep cleaning at the end of the day, then once again the night before an event. Hair brushes, combs, and clips are deep cleaned after every event.
What is your cancellation policy?
- For any reason the date is cancelled, the deposit is forfeited. You may add services at any time up to the appointment date, if time allows for the hair and makeup artist(s). Services may not be subtracted once a deposit is received.